Synergia1 – Providing solutions-focused programs
As we go along, our blogs will help introduce the business, highlight core capabilities and specialist areas of expertise within Synergia1. The Captain of the Ship is Damian Canniffe. Let’s start by introducing him. Damian is a solutions-focused Business Director and Trade Industry Professional with more than 40 years experience demonstrating visionary leadership in Marine and General Engineering environments. Still serving as a Director of Canniffe Engineering, but under the flagship of his own new venture in Synergia1, Damian is an exceptional communicator with an open-door leadership style, diplomatic negotiation and insightful problem solving abilities. Damian has a knack and a passion for bridging the gaps between government initiatives and industry requirements. Damian developed his career in Australia and overseas with highlights including:
- Winning a Defence Contract for the rebuilding of Australian Army aluminum bridges and training a team of engineers and tradesmen to carry out the works in Queensland: contract was completed on time and to budget.
- Business Development: In his previous role, as a Director, he expanded the business by developing partnerships with large industry bodies and NFPs helping disengaged youth to develop skills and knowledge
- Community: he has unique experience and an inept ability to provide solutions-focused opportunities and training to young people, and has strong ability to engage with the community to meet corporate social responsibilities through sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships.
Damian’s skills include:
- Communications: transparent communication from board room to tool box and constructive interpersonal skills
- People skills: Ability to motivate, empower and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Problem solving: Highly diplomatic across business cultures, nationalities and solutions-focused and with a flexible approach to problem solving
- Overall a multi-skilled achiever, one who is positive, determined and persistent, best suited to innovative areas of responsibility.
Call Damian on 0418156481 to discuss your next mechanical engineering or marine project. Next time, our blog will cover some more of the experience and knowledge built up throughout Damian’s career in marine. If there is anything you would specifically like to know about, we welcome your queries.